List:       wsif-user
Subject:    Re: Query about WSIF providers
From:       Aleksander Slominski <aslom () cs ! indiana ! edu>
Date:       2005-01-26 17:22:04

Sameer Mehta wrote:

> I have read and understood a few things about the Web Service
> Invocation Framework and found it very interesting. There are many
> points within the WSIF API that allow for customization. One area
> would be writing the WSIF provider. The WSIF already comes with
> different providers for Java, EJB, Apache SOAP, Apache Axis, JCA, etc.
> I want to know if I can modify WSIF by adding or changing its providers.

hi Sameer,

yes you can - all source code is available under Apache license (Version
2) which is one the allows you to whatever you want with the code as
long as you follow minimum requirements described in license, find more
information about it here: http://www.apache.org/licenses/

> Please let me know a WSDL described service (or any service which can
> be invoked) for which I can write a provider for ?  I want to do this
> as a part of my research work. Please reply as per your convenience.

did you check WSIF examples and documentation?
http://ws.apache.org/wsif/wsif_samples/index.html
http://ws.apache.org/wsif/developers/how_to_provider.html

i do not know about a need for new providers (somebody may still reply!)
however i think there is a need to improve support for asynchronous
invocations that use something like WS-Addressing and allows delayed
replays (one-way request triggers one-way response correlated to
original request by message-id) instead of JMS. however doing it
requires changing WSIF internals so I am not sure if it is what you want
to do?

i do not know any example of WSDL for aync. services. what kind of
service do you want to use with your service providers?

here is list of services (all are quire simple request-response) that I
use for testing with WSDL and parameters that tends to work for me -
starting with google of course:

                            "http://api.google.com/GoogleSearch.wsdl",
                                "doGoogleSearch", googleKey, "alek",
                                "0", "10", "false", "", "false", "",
"latin1", "latin1"});

            //2005-01-17 error 200 OK body="" Content-Type: text/html
            //runClient(new String[]{
            //            "http://www.ghettodriveby.com/soap/?wsdl",
"getRandomGoogleSearch", "aleksander slominksi"});

            runClient(new String[]{

"http://www.webservicex.net/ValidateEmail.asmx?wsdl", "IsValidEMail",
"aleksander@example.com"});

            runClient(new String[]{

"http://www.xmethods.net/sd/2001/TemperatureService.wsdl", "getTemp",
"02067"});

// java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 502 for URL:
http://services.xmethods.net/soap/urn:xmethods-delayed-quotes.wsdl
//          runClient(new String[]{
//
"http://services.xmethods.net/soap/urn:xmethods-delayed-quotes.wsdl",
//                            "getQuote", "IBM"});
            runClient(new String[]{

"http://mssoapinterop.org/asmx/xsd/round4XSD.wsdl", "echoString", "Hello
World!!!"});
            runClient(new String[]{

"http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/aspplus/samples/services/MathService/VB/MathService.asmx?WSDL",
                            "Add", "3", "4"});
            runClient(new String[]{  //sometimes timeout

"http://www.webservicex.net/stockquote.asmx?WSDL", "GetQuote", "IBM"});
//            runClient(new String[]{  //FAILING - cant find WSDL
//
"http://developerdays.com/cgi-bin/tempconverter.exe/wsdl/ITempConverter",
"CtoF", "32"});
           runClient(new String[]{
                        "http://www.webservicex.net/icd10.asmx?WSDL",
"GetICD10", "foo"});
           runClient(new String[]{

"http://ws.netviagens.com/webservices/AirFares.asmx?wsdl", "GetFares",
                            "", "JFK", "WAW", "2005-01-20", "2005-02-02" });

HTH.

alek