List:       wsif-user
Subject:    Re: JCA Binding problem. Port is not available and  no alternative can be
From:       "Piotr Przybylski" <piotrp () ca ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2003-06-27 0:27:02

Alfredo,
do you have the "org.apache.wsif.spi.WSIFProvider" file available in your
classpath? The file, in the META-INF/services path should have an entry for
each of the providers you are implementing in the jar, for example EJB
prvider in wsif.jar:

# EJB provider
org.apache.wsif.providers.ejb.WSIFDynamicProvider_EJB

This is used at runtime and not related to j2c_pluggin.xml.

Piotr.

Regards,

Piotr Przybylski, IBM

                                                                                      \

                      "Alfredo Navarro                                                \

                      Roche"                   To:       wsif-user@ws.apache.org      \

                      <alfnav1978@hotma        cc:                                    \

                      il.com>                  Subject:  JCA Binding problem. Port is \
                not available and  no alternative can be found
                                                                                      \

                      06/26/2003 03:37                                                \

                      PM                                                              \

                      Please respond to                                               \

                      wsif-user                                                       \

                                                                                      \

                                                                                      \

Hello,

I am just now working with WSIF and I need it for JCA adapters. I have
tested the example that WSIF group provides with the JCA adapter as example

and it works fine.

Now, I am trying to use WSIF to invoke the functionallity of my own JCA
adapter. For this, I have witten the WSIFProvider class in the adapter that

implements WSIFProvider and WSIFProviderJCAExtensions following the ideas
of
the example. Also, I have implemented the WSDL extensions classes for
address, binding and so on, using the example too.

Finally, I have implemented a simple client that first get the service,
then
the port, create the operation, messages and call the execute method.

My problem is that the class of the WSIFProvider is not considered. I mean,

I expect that when you say getService in the WSIFServiceFactory, it should
use also the new class created, because it is necessary. Nevertheless, I
don't understand completely how is done the relationship between the
service
and the real JCA adapter that I am using. I have defined also the
j2c_pluggin.xml, but I think that this is only necessary when you are in a
managed environment. In my case, I am testing in a non-managed, like in the

example of WSIF.

So, I would need an explanation how is defined and done the connection
between the service and the real class that is loaded. In fact, when you
call getService, you only provide the WSDL file, service and port name with

the corresponding namespaces, but which is the JCA connector that will be
used?.

Thank you very much in advance for the help in this area and I wait news as

soon as possible, because we are thinking in using WSIF in one project and
we must evaluate if it covers our requirements.

Best regards,

Alfredo Navarro
Sofware Engineer in EAI Technology

alfnav1978@hotmail.com