List:       wsif-user
Subject:    Re: WSIF Schema parser
From:       "Owen D Burroughs" <OWENB () uk ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2003-05-07 11:05:53

Haneef,

The main purpose of the Parser code is to find all of the global
types/elements defined in the schema so that they can be mapped to a Java
classes. It is not meant as a full schema parser and so does not pay any
attention to many of the attributes/constructs  used in a schema.
Basically, it is only concerned with establishing whether a list of global
types and distinguishing whether each type is a complexType, a simpleType
or a global element and whether or not it represents an array. This
information can then be used by a WSIFMapper implementation in order to
generate a list of xml type -> Java class name mappings.

Regarding the specific examples you raise: "ref" is not a valid attribute
for a global element and so the code does not specifically deal with it.
"choice" and "union" are not deemed relevant to establishing correct type
mappings. If you have an example where these are invalid assumptions, feel
free to post an example to the mailing list or raise a bugzilla.

Regards,
Owen

> ---------+---------------------------->
> > "ALI,HANEEF      |
> > (HP-Cupertino,ex1|
> > )"               |
> > <haneef.ali@hp.co|
> > m>               |
> > >
> > 06/05/2003 21:44 |
> > Please respond to|
> > wsif-user        |
> > >
> ---------+---------------------------->
  |                                                                                   \
|  |       To:       "'wsif-user@ws.apache.org'" <wsif-user@ws.apache.org>            \
|  |       cc:                                                                        \
|  |       Subject:  WSIF Schema parser                                               \
|  |                                                                                  \
|  |                                                                                  \

Hi,

I was looking into the code of SchemaParser, and SchemaTypes and noticted
that it doesn't handle "ref".

Ex:
   <element ref="some  element" />

Is this a bug? or intentional or handled some where else.  Also I don't
think it handles other schema constructs like "choice" , union etc

regards,
Haneef