List:       wsif-dev
Subject:    wsif stub invokation
From:       "Roberto Podesta'" <ropode () laser ! dist ! unige ! it>
Date:       2003-10-02 16:25:31

Hi,
 I'am trying wsif 2.04 using the static invokation.
My sample uses SOAP Axis like transport protocol and the stubs are
generated with WSDL2Java. The invokation works but I noticed that
the total response time is longer than the response time with the dynamic
invocation.
Should not be the stub invokation faster than the stubless?
If I understood well, the static invocation does not avoid the WSDL
parsing, it replaces the information of the portType section with the stub
information. Is it correct?
Moreover, in order to have protocol-indipendent routine client, the
binding section and the service section need always to be parsed dynamically. Only
for the portType is it possible to use stub, also the stub invokation
partially remains dynamic. Am I mistaking?

Thanks in advance

--
Roberto Podesta' - DIST, University of Genoa
Via Opera Pia 13, 16145 Genoa (Italy)