List:       wsf-php-user
Subject:    [wsf-php-user] wsclient timeout not honored
From:       Jonathan Dart <jdart () imi ! ca>
Date:       2008-12-12 0:11:44

Hey guys,

I depend on a WS that goes down and I'm struggling to cope with it.

My code goes like so...

$client = new WSClient (array (
    "wsdl"             => "...",
    "to"               => "...",
    "httpAuthUsername" => "...",
    "httpAuthPassword" => "...",
    "httpAuthType"     => "Basic",
    "CACert"           => "...",
    "timeout"          => 5
));

$proxy = $client->getProxy ();

$response = $proxy->lookup($input);

I've resorted to hosting their wsld myself because wsfphp uses the php
class DOMDocument to retrieve the wsdl which has no timeout settings
from what I can tell.

Once I got past that hurdle I was unable to get the $proxy->lookup to
timeout. The script stops running once php has reached it's maximum
execution time. How can I get the timeout setting to work?

-Jonathan