List:       wsf-javascript-dev
Subject:    Re: [Dev] Properties based LB configuration?
From:       Nirmal Fernando <nirmal () wso2 ! com>
Date:       2012-04-30 9:47:08

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi Azeez,

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 12:47 PM, Afkham Azeez <azeez@wso2.com> wrote:

> Get axis2 update and you have to call;
>
> ClusteringAgent clusteringAgent = AxisConfiguration.getClusteringAgent();
> if(clusteringAgent != null){
>      boolean isCoordinator = clusteringAgent.isCoordinator();
> }

I've integrated coordination code with autoscaler task, and it works
perfectly fine. :)

I've tested it with 2 LBs (when coordinator got terminated, non-coordinator
becomes coordinator.).

Thanks.

> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Nirmal Fernando <nirmal@wso2.com> wrote:

[Attachment #5 (text/html)]

Azeez <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:azeez@wso2.com" \
solid;padding-left:1ex"> <div class="gmail_extra">Get axis2 update and you have to \
class="gmail_extra">ClusteringAgent clusteringAgent = \
AxisConfiguration.getClusteringAgent();</div><div class="gmail_extra">

if(clusteringAgent != null){</div><div class="gmail_extra">     boolean isCoordinator \
integrated coordination code with autoscaler task, and it works perfectly fine. \
:)<br><br>I&#39;ve tested it with 2 LBs (when coordinator got terminated, \
class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid \
rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div class="HOEnZb"><div class="h5"><div \
class="gmail_extra"><br><div class="gmail_quote"> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 11:37 AM, \
Nirmal Fernando <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:nirmal@wso2.com" \

class="gmail_quote"><div>---------- Forwarded message ----------<br>From: <b \
class="gmail_sendername">Afkham Azeez</b> <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a \

Date: Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 11:32 AM<br>Subject: Re: [Architecture] Properties based \
LB configuration?<br>To: <a href="mailto:architecture@wso2.org" \

Nirmal,</div>
clustering. I will let you know about the APIs to be used once I&#39;m done, and you \
can simply assume the coordinator to be the LB member which will issue autoscaler \
commands.</div>

class="gmail_quote">On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 12:17 PM, Afkham Azeez <span \
dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:azeez@wso2.com" \

solid;padding-left:1ex"><div class="gmail_extra">I found \
org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.ChannelCoordinator in the new Tribes code. We should \
be able to use it.<div>

class="gmail_quote"><div>On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 12:02 PM, Paul Fremantle <span \
dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:paul@wso2.com" \

solid;padding-left:1ex"> This (leader election) is what we are using ZooKeeper for in \
but I think we should be able to do it with Tribes as well, and would prefer to do it \
with Tribes if that is possible since we already heavily use it. I&#39;ll look into \
the Tribes code and see whether this could be done. Perhaps we can easily use the \
coordination component here? </div>

April 2012 07:21, Afkham Azeez <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:azeez@wso2.com" \

solid;padding-left:1ex"><div class="gmail_extra">I don&#39;t think is the proper way \
to do it. The idea behind primary-secondary setups is that, ideally the secondary \
should takeover if the primary fails; preferably this should happend automatically. \
This cannot be done with a fixed configuration element. I believe a better way of \
doing this would be to have some sort of coordination mechanism whereby one LB in the \
LB cluster is elected as the coordinator, and that coordinator can become the primary \
or be responsible for issuing autoscaling commands. In the case of failure of the \
primary (coordinator), there will be another election and a new coordinator will be \
elected. We should be able to do this with Tribes, but may have to implement some \
missing parts. For more details on the theory see <a \
href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leader_election" \
target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leader_election</a><div>

dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:nirmal@wso2.com" \
solid;padding-left:1ex">

know whether the LB it&#39;s running is the primary one. Because only primary LB \
should be allowed to command scale up or down instances. <br>

loadbalancer.conf to specify whether the LB is primary?<br><br>isPrimary    \
Nirmal Fernando <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:nirmal@wso2.com" \
solid;padding-left:1ex">

2012 at 6:14 AM, Sanjiva Weerawarana <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a \
href="mailto:sanjiva@wso2.com" target="_blank">sanjiva@wso2.com</a>&gt;</span> \
wrote:<br>

solid;padding-left:1ex">Also we should look at the API of the object model this \
parser generates - that&#39;s the crucial part as that&#39;s what everyone will be \
using. </blockquote>

welcome!<br><br>PS: links won&#39;t work as I&#39;m just sending Node object&#39;s \
0pt 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">

Given the potential for us to use this type of syntax in other places in the future, \
we should write a very generic name-value parser and a generic object model with a \

2012 at 6:12 AM, Sanjiva Weerawarana <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a \
href="mailto:sanjiva@wso2.com" target="_blank">sanjiva@wso2.com</a>&gt;</span> \
wrote:<br>

solid;padding-left:1ex">

Did you mean XML DOM?? If so I&#39;m not sure that makes sense .. firstly that&#39;s \
a pretty complex API and second you&#39;d have to map this syntax to an XML Infoset \
then - yes its easy but I&#39;m not sure what it helps with.<div>

use some consistent terms? We need those to review the syntax ..</div><span><font \

class="gmail_quote">On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 12:54 PM, Afkham Azeez <span \
dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:azeez@wso2.com" \

solid;padding-left:1ex"><span \
style="font-size:13px;font-family:arial,sans-serif">I&#39;m wondering whether it will \
be a good idea to expose a DOM API from the parser, instead of introducing our own \
API. That way, it becomes generic, highly reusable, and can be easily fit into other \
software libraries. You can start with a minimal implementation.</span><div>

dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:nirmal@wso2.com" \
solid;padding-left:1ex">

Mail I sent got bounced, hence I&#39;m re-sending.<br><br><div \
class="gmail_quote"><div>On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 12:40 PM, Nirmal Fernando <span \
dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:nirmal@wso2.com" \

2012 at 12:32 PM, Afkham Azeez <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:azeez@wso2.com" \

solid;padding-left:1ex"> So it is a recursively built tree structure which can go \
down to any depth? I mean, the parser is not hard coded for certain elements only, \
and is a generic parser which can be reused to parse any file with a similar \
structure right?</blockquote>

will generate a Node object for that element. Node object has all the child Node \
objects and so on, thus it covers any depth.<br>

(eg: foo { ) and ends in a new line (eg: } \
0pt 0pt 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">

dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:nirmal@wso2.com" \
solid;padding-left:1ex">

Hi, <br><br>I&#39;ve written an object based parser to parse loadbalancer.conf. \
is considered as a Node object.<br><br>A Node has a name, set of properties and set \
of child Nodes.<br>

Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 5:10 PM, Nirmal Fernando <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a \
href="mailto:nirmal@wso2.com" target="_blank">nirmal@wso2.com</a>&gt;</span> \
wrote:<br>

4:49 PM, Afkham Azeez <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:azeez@wso2.com" \

solid;padding-left:1ex"> No camel case please. We are trying to emulate an nginx like \
class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid \
rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">

.8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><br><br><div \
class="gmail_quote"><div>On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 2:51 PM, Afkham Azeez <span \
dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:azeez@wso2.com" \

solid;padding-left:1ex"> How about the \
${AWS_ACCESS_KEY};</div><div>ec2_private_key         \
${AWS_PRIVATE_KEY};</div><div>ec2_ssh_key             \
stratos-1.0.0-keypair;</div><div>instance_mgt_epr        <a \
href="https://ec2.amazonaws.com/" \
target="_blank">https://ec2.amazonaws.com/</a>;</div>

I&#39;ll change following properties to nginx format too!<br>

0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div \
class="gmail_quote"><div><div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0pt 0pt \
0pt 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">

0pt 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div><div>    \
securityGroups      stratos-appserver-lb;</div><div>    instanceType        \
m1.large;</div>

case?<br><br>i.e. &quot;min_app_instances&quot; as \
style="margin:0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid \
rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">

resources/cluster_node.zip;</div><div>        availability_zone       \
instance_type           m1.large;</div>

target="_blank">appserver.stratoslive.wso2.com</a>,<a \
href="http://as.stratoslive.wso2.com" \
target="_blank">as.stratoslive.wso2.com</a>;</div>

resources/cluster_node.zip;</div><div>        availability_zone       \

wso2.esb.domain;</div><div>        payload                 \
resources/cluster_node.zip;</div>

Architecture mailing list<br>
Inc.<br>Mobile: <a href="tel:%2B94715779733" value="+94715779733" \
target="_blank">+94715779733</a><br>

Blog: <a href="http://nirmalfdo.blogspot.com/" \
target="_blank">http://nirmalfdo.blogspot.com/</a><br>

face="verdana, sans-serif"><span style="font-size:x-small"><span \
style="font-family:arial;font-size:small"><font face="verdana, sans-serif"><span \
style="font-size:x-small">Director of Architecture</span></font>; <span \
style="font-size:x-small">WSO2, Inc.; </span><a href="http://wso2.com/" \
target="_blank"><span \
style="font-size:x-small"><br>

Foundation; </span><span style="font-size:x-small"><a href="http://www.apache.org/" \

style="font-size:x-small"> cell: <a href="tel:%2B94%2077%203320919" \
value="+94773320919" target="_blank">+94 77 3320919</a><br>

href="http://twitter.com/afkham_azeez" target="_blank"><i><span \
style="font-size:x-small"><br>

href="http://lk.linkedin.com/in/afkhamazeez" \
style="font-style:normal"><span style="font-size:x-small">Lean . Enterprise . \

Technologies Team, WSO2 Inc.<br>Mobile: <a href="tel:%2B94715779733" \
[...]

Platform Technologies Team, WSO2 Inc.<br>

[...]

email: <a href="mailto:sanjiva@wso2.com" target="_blank">sanjiva@wso2.com</a>; phone: \
9614</a>; cell: <a href="tel:%2B94%2077%20787%206880" value="+94777876880" \
target="_blank">+94 77 787 6880</a> | <a href="tel:%2B1%20650%20265%208311" \
value="+16502658311" target="_blank">+1 650 265 8311</a><br>

blog: <a href="http://sanjiva.weerawarana.org/" \
Ph.D.<br>Founder, Chairman &amp; CEO; WSO2, Inc.;  <a href="http://wso2.com/" \
target="_blank">http://wso2.com/</a><br>email: <a href="mailto:sanjiva@wso2.com" \
target="_blank">sanjiva@wso2.com</a>; phone: <a href="tel:%2B94%2011%20763%209614" \
value="+94117639614" target="_blank">+94 11 763 9614</a>; cell: <a \
[...]

Fremantle<br>CTO and Co-Founder, WSO2<br>OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair, VP, Apache \
Synapse<br><br>UK: <a href="tel:%2B44%20207%20096%200336" value="+442070960336" \
target="_blank">+44 207 096 0336</a><br>

US: <a href="tel:%2B1%20646%20595%207614" value="+16465957614" target="_blank">+1 646 \
target="_blank">http://pzf.fremantle.org</a><br>

href="http://wso2.com" target="_blank">wso2.com</a> Lean Enterprise Middleware<br>

information and is intended exclusively for the addressee/s. If you are not the \
intended recipient/s, or believe that you may have received this communication in \
error, please reply to the sender indicating that fact and delete the copy you \
received and in addition, you should not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate, or \
otherwise use the information contained in this communication. Internet \
communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure, error or virus-free. The \
sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions. </div>

Inc.<br>Mobile: +94715779733<br>Blog: <a href="http://nirmalfdo.blogspot.com/" \
target="_blank">http://nirmalfdo.blogspot.com/</a><br>