List:       wsf-c-dev
Subject:    [Dev] [Architecture] WSO2 Business Rules Server (BRS) 2.2.0 Released!
From:       Firzhan Naqash <firzhan () wso2 ! com>
Date:       2015-12-23 19:53:21

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

The WSO2 Business Rules Server (BRS) 2.2.0 Released! December 2015

The WSO2 BRS team is pleased to announce the release of version 2.2.0 of
the Open Source Business Rules Server (BRS).

WSO2 Business Rules Server (WSO2 BRS) is to be your Business Rule
Management System (BRMS). Our ultimate goal is to provide you with the
suitable capability of codifying, executing, and maintaining your
organization's decisions.

BRS 2.2.0 supports exposing your organization' decisions as *Secure Web
services*. The integration with our Enterprise Service Bus supports
incorporating your dynamic integration decisions to the your enterprise'
applications integration solution.

WSO2 BRS 2.2.0 is developed on top of the revolutionary Carbon platform
<http://wso2.com/products/carbon/> , and is based on the OSGi framework to
achieve the better modularity for your Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
This also contains a lots of new features and many other optional
components to customize the behavior of the server. Further, if you do not
want any of the built in features, you can uninstall those features without
any trouble. In other words, BRS can be customized to your SOA needs.

You can download this distribution from
http://wso2.com/products/business-rules-server/ and give it a try.
How to Run

   1. Extract the downloaded zip
   2. Go to the bin directory in the extracted folder
   3. Run the wso2server.sh or wso2server.bat as appropriate
   4. Point your browser to the URL https://localhost:9443/carbon
   5. Use "admin", "admin" as the username and password to login as an
   admin and create a user account
   6. Assign the required permissions to the user through a role
   7. If you need to start the OSGi console with the server use the
   property -DosgiConsole when starting the server. The INSTALL.txt file found
   on the installation directory will give you a comprehensive set of options
   and properties that can be passed into the startup script

Key Features of WSO2 BRS 2.2.0

   - Expose Business rules as a web Service
   - Drools based back end runtime
   - Management User Interface for creating, deploying, monitoring, and
   testing rule services
   - JSR 94 Compliant
   - Based on carbon platform it provides all the QOS features such as
   Security, Reliable Messaging, caching etc ...

Issues Fixed for this release

   - WSO2 BRS related components of the WSO2 Carbon Platform -
   https://wso2.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12526

Known Issues

   - For a complete list of features to be implemented please refer the
   list of known issues :
   https://wso2.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12527

How You Can Contribute Mailing Lists

Join our mailing list and correspond with the developers directly.

   - Developer List : dev@wso2.org | Subscribe
   <dev-request@wso2.org?subject=subscribe> | Mail Archive
   <http://wso2.org/mailarchive/dev/>
   - User List : user@wso2.org | Subscribe
   <user-request@wso2.org?subject=subscribe> | Mail Archive
   <http://wso2.org/mailarchive/user/>

Reporting Issues

WSO2 encourages you to report issues and your enhancement requests for the
WSO2 BRS using the public JIRA <http://www.wso2.org/jira/browse/BRS>.

You can also watch how they are resolved, and comment on the progress..
Discussion Forums

Alternatively, questions could be raised using the forums available.
- User forum : StackOverflow
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/wso2> Support

We are committed to ensuring that your enterprise middleware deployment is
completely supported from evaluation to production. Our unique approach
ensures that all support leverages our open development methodology and is
provided by the very same engineers who build the technology.

For more details and to take advantage of this unique opportunity please
visit http://wso2.com/support/

For more information about WSO2 BRS, please see
http://wso2.com/products/business-rules-server/

We welcome your feedback on this implementation. Thank you for your
interest in WSO2 BRS.

*-- The WSO2 BRS Team --*

Regards,
Firzhan