List:       wsas-java-user
Subject:    Re: [User] Identity Server
From:       Asela Pathberiya <aselapathberiya () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-05-15 16:50:10

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 9:23 PM, Arleis Prieto River=F3n <
aprieto@estudiantes.uci.cu> wrote:

> Hi all.
> My question is if the Identity Server can know the IP address of which
> comes a authorization request without need specify the IP address in the
> XACML request.

If the IP address (or any attribute) is not specify in the XACML request,
you need to feed it to the XACML engine (PDP) by using a PIP (policy
information  point) .  As an example there can be attribute source that
contains list of IP addresses with respect to the user id.  If XACML
request contains the user id, PIP can be used to find the IP address
corresponding to the user id and feeds it to PDP.  You can find more info
about PIP from here [1]

[1] http://xacmlinfo.com/2011/12/18/understanding-pip/

Thanks,
Asela.