List:       ws-general
Subject:    [Ws Wiki] Update of "ReportForSep2007" by JohnKaputin
From:       Apache Wiki <wikidiffs () apache ! org>
Date:       2007-10-15 9:48:11

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Ws Wiki" for change \
notification.

The following page has been changed by JohnKaputin:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/ReportForSep2007

The comment on the change is:
Added report for Woden project

  === Notable Happenings ===
  The team is preparing for the 1.1 release which is the next major release of the \
project after the 1.0 in early June. The 1.1 release is
+ = Apache Woden incubator =
+ Woden is an open source Java implementation of the W3C WSDL 2.0 specification.
+
+ === Notable Happenings ===
+ There were two new contributors to Woden. A summer intern IT student, Dan Harvey, \
contributed fixes for 17 JIRAs. Sagara Gunathunga is contributing the WSDL \
serialization function. +
+ === Legal Issues ===
+ The 2 outstanding legal issues from our last board report have been resolved:
+  * The CCLA and Software Grant license to assign the rights for the initial code \
contribution (WSDL4J 1.4) have now been submitted by IBM to the ASF. +  * The \
licensing issue about how/why the ASL 2.0 was being used by the AXIOM project for the \
stax-api-1.0.1.jar file from codehaus.org has been resolved by changing AXIOM's \
dependency to the StAX API jar file from the Apache Geronimo project. +
+ === Miscellaneous ===
+ Progress towards a Milestone 8 release has been slower than expected due to other \
committments of the regular contributors over the summer and the amount of time \
required to mentor and review the work of the two new contributors.  We hope to \
deliver M8 soon, then plan to review and finalize the Woden API before delivering a \
1.0 release.  We now have one remaining item to complete on our project status file \
before we are ready to propose graduating from incubation - that is, to update the \
development process documentation on the Woden website. +