List:       wpkg-users
Subject:    Re: [wpkg-users] Silent Installers,
From:       Natxo Asenjo <natxo.asenjo () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-02-12 7:46:11

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 12:28 AM, Nick Elmendorf <nelmendorf@slcpl.org> wrote:
> I'm trying to install a program and need it to run silently.
>
> In a command prompt I am able to run oddownloadstationsetup.msi /quiet /passive and \
> it works, but it first brought up a security warning window about what to do with \
> these types of files. I unchecked the box about prompting me to do it again, \
> deleted the program from my computer and rebooted to see if the package would \
> install it and all that happens is the program launches, but gets hung on a screen \
> that is being obscured from my vision (however it is about the same size as that \
> security warning box).

not really sure and cannont test now (no Windows pc at home), but I
think msiexec needs another switch to run silently. The way I do it
is:

msiexec /i msifile.msi /qn

so you need to use the /i switch before the path to the *.msi file and
then the /qn switch to do it silently without user interaction. To
uninstall, change /i for /x .

Running as a local admin I get no UAC prompts this way on a windows 7
workstation.

--
natxo