List:       wpkg-users
Subject:    Re: [wpkg-users] WPKG selectivity based on Windows AD
Date:       2010-02-27 18:57:27

One (possibly) easy thing to do: I am a small batch file as a wrapper around wpkg.js

This batch file in turn gets called as a Windows Startup script from a group policy \
object. Now group policy objects in AD only apply to the OU(s) to which they are \
linked, so if that's all you need you may be all set. If you want to use security \
groups in AD, you can filter the group policies by security, group, or even user.

You can do various different things with this approach:

- Create several different group policies that all call wpkg.js, but each with a \
different profile name. Then use security filters to apply each Group Policy to a \
different security group. Note: be careful of overlapping groups. If you have \
overlapping groups, wpkg may get called twice with two different profiles, and they \
may (and probably will) uninstall some of each other's software. You can probably get \
around that by also using a different config.xml and wpkg.xml file for each security \
                group.
- Your wrapper script could query LDAP and retrieve the security group information \
before calling wpkg.js.