List:       wpkg-users
Subject:    Re: [wpkg-users] WNetAddConnection2-> A specified logon session
From:       Chris Wilcox <not_rich_yet () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2009-04-22 10:55:31

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

> Chris Wilcox wrote:
> >
> > Chris Wilcox schrieb:
> > > An update to my previous issue:
> > >
> > > The beta wpkg client still showed the same error.
> > >
> > > I then tried the 'execute before/execute after' options to map a drive
> > > to the wpkg folder on the Linux server and unmap it afterwards, pointing
> > > the wpkg.js etc to this drive letter - works perfectly so far :)
> > >
> > > Execute before:
> > >
> > > net use x: \\servername\sharename\wpkg
> > > <file://\\servername\sharename\wpkg> /user:servername\username password
> > >
> > > Execute after:
> > >
> > > net use /delete /y x:
> > >
> > > I'll be trying this again over the next week or two to double-check
> > > things, but I see no reason why it won't work across all the sites I
> > > need it to as it works fine at the first site I tried!
> >
> > Did you add proper credentials in WPKG Client to access the share before
> > you tried to "net use..."?
> >

> Yes I did - that was always the strange thing, if I clicked 'Test' in the wpkg \
> config window with the suitable credentials entered then the tests all passed a \
> 'OK', it was only during the boot process that wpkg failed and the error was shown \
> in Event Viewer with the wnetaddconnection error.
> Chris
>
> ________________________________
>
> Since you are installing at boot, the logged on user or any other service has \
> already connected to that share or server. Windows does not allow multiple \
> connections using different credentials.

I appreciate that, but there is no other connection to this server - there are no \
mapped network drives, no shortcuts anywhere that connect to it.

This server is purely accessed via an web browser and nothing else which is further \
confusing.

Chris

Share your photos with Windows Live Photos – Free.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/134665338/direct/01/