List:       wpkg-users
Subject:    Re: [wpkg-users] Chaining Hotfixes ? Is it possible?
From:       rl201 <rl201 () cam ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2006-09-14 9:09:22

> What are other wpkg users doing? I'm getting ready to use wpkg in our
> windows desktop/bsd server environment and am really looking forward to
> the end of sneakernet patch/software installation :)

I create a package for each hotfix and have a 'mother' package which
depends on all the others. The hotfix patches reboot on exit codes 194
(must reboot to complete installation) and 3010 (must reboot to complete
packages.xml and add their names to the list of dependencies of the
'mother' package. Once the 'mother' package has been installed, new
dependencies are automatically installed.

Full details (including my packages.xml file with the hotfixes and
'mother' package) available at http://www.sp.phy.cam.ac.uk/~rl201/wpkg/

Yours,

Frank