List:       workstations
Subject:    [WORKSTATIONS] Tim is moving again
From:       Kurt Huhn kurthuhn () k-huhn ! com
Date:       2000-04-21 2:42:13

Tim wrote:

> I got a new job, kamakazi@tangent.stev.net will be going away as of
> Monday, and I will be re-subscribing from Corning.com.  Along with the
> new job, I hope to be acquiring one of the Indys on the Sunhelp page,
> any pointers as I get started?

Congrats!  I'll be starting a new job Monday too - Fidelity
Investments.  Corning is a great company.  I used to work for their
Diagnostics division (blood gas analyzers for hospitals).  Corning
Diagnostics it was called, then changed to Ciba Corning, then Ciba
Giegy (sp?), then Chiron Diagnostics, and now Bayer Diagnostics.
You're probably working for Corning Glass Works?  I don't think I
still know anyone at Corning, it's been a long time since I worked
there.

As for Indys, grab one by all means.  The systems are complete and
ready to use.  I haven't got one yet, but I really don't need one - I
have two here already.  Fine little machines, not a single burp or
hiccup out of either - except for an incident ealier in the week with
Netscape corrupting its inbox, then fixing itself after a reboot.
Odd, but not as a result of the hardware or OS - Irix is a wonderful
system.

Kurt

Kurt