List:       woden-dev
Subject:    Re: XML_RPC: Please confirm the  below query.
From:       Daniel Kulp <dkulp () apache ! org>
Date:       2015-08-07 11:31:14

XML-RPC is an archived project and no longer being developed or supported.   We don't \
anticipate any more releases for it.   The code is still available at:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/archive/xmlrpc/trunk/

if you would like to take it and update it for use in  your project but we would \
certainly recommend changing to using SOAP or REST and using a modern and supported \
toolkit like CXF.

Dan

> On Aug 7, 2015, at 1:35 AM, Deepti Sharma S <deepti.s.sharma@ericsson.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Team,
>
> We have checked that the XML RPC 3PP version 3.1.3 is still depends on the old \
> Apache HTTPClient (of commons-httpclient 3PP) which is now end of life, and is no \
>                 longer being developed. This is published by Apache forum.
>
> http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/
>
> The Commons HttpClient project is now end of life, and is no longer being \
> developed. It has been replaced by the Apache HttpComponents project in  its \
> HttpClient and HttpCore modules, which offer better performance and more \
>                 flexibility.
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

> Since we are upgrading the HttpClient in our product and will use Apache \
> HttpComponents 3PP for  HttpClient instead of  commons-httpclient.
> please confirm When new version 3.1.4 of XML-RPC will be released and will it \
> depend on the new HTTPClient supported by Apache HttpComponents 3PP instead of \
> commons-httpclient which is already end of support?
> Below link show that XML RPC depend on commons-httpclient. For detail refer:
> https://ws.apache.org/xmlrpc/dependency-management.html
>

> Regards///
> Deepti Sharma
> Sr. Configuration Engineer