List:       wireshark-users
Subject:    Re: [Wireshark-users] [Wireshark-dev] GitLab migration update
From:       Guy Harris <gharris () sonic ! net>
Date:       2020-08-24 6:49:45

On Aug 23, 2020, at 10:42 PM, Gerald Combs <gerald@wireshark.org> wrote:

> On 8/23/20 9:59 PM, Guy Harris wrote:
> > On Aug 23, 2020, at 9:33 PM, Gerald Combs <gerald@wireshark.org> wrote:
> >
> > > You can still comment on Gerrit changes, but it should otherwise be read-only. \
> > > SSH access is still enabled for now in order to make it easier to migrate \
> > > changes. I'll shut it off in the next couple of weeks.
> >
> > Does "it" mean "Gerrit" or "SSH access to Gerrit"?
>
> SSH access. I don't have a definite shutdown date for Gerrit, but it won't be for a \
> while.

There's some potentially useful historical information there, when trying to research \
why a change was made.

Is there a way to convert the Gerrit URLs in the issue database to corresponding \
commits in the repository?

> > Where is the link to the issues database from \
> > https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark?  GitHub has one on the top-level page for \
> > GitHub repositories.
>
> There should be an "Issues" link in the left sidebar. The direct link is \
> https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/issues.

It's there, but the GitLab folks are not the best icon designers on the planet.  The \
icon looks like a coffee cup, or a side view of a mailbox with the door opened up, or \
whatever.  (And what does a rocket have to do with continuous integration?)