List:       wireshark-users
Subject:    Re: [Wireshark-users] my traffic not captured
From:       "David Sheats, Friendly Computer Service" <david.sheats () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2014-03-19 18:50:45

Ohhh, I see what I did.  It was a network byte-ordering problem.  I wanted
it to connect to port 2022 (07e6 hex), but it was switching the bytes around
such that I was actually connecting to port 58887 (e607 hex).  My eye had
been skipping right past the captured packets because I assumed they were
for some other protocol!

Thanks for you the help, Guy and Anne.

(I am relatively new to using email lists such as this- will Anne also get
this message, or do I have to reply specifically to her email in order for
her to see it?)

-David