List:       wireshark-users
Subject:    Re: [Wireshark-users] Problem deciphering an openssl stream
From:       Philippe Fremy <phil () freehackers ! org>
Date:       2010-10-14 15:48:12

[Attachment #2 (text/html)]

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:kolos_ws@ural2.hu">kolos_ws@ural2.hu</a> wrote:
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">Hi Philippe,

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Handshake Protocol: Server Hello
[...]
Cipher Suite: TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA (0x002f)

I don't see any DH here, so maybe that's not the problem.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
I agree, it doesn't look like it's using DH. What would be interesting to
see if you see a "Client key exchange" or a "Server key exchange" at the
beginning of the SSL session in your capture when you look at it in
Wireshark.

Also, you might want to use "-s 0" when running tcpdump, that just
captures everything.
  </pre>
That's what I did initially, but the wiki of wireshark recommends -s
65535 .<br>
I did several screenshots of my session, to show the different SSL
packets. If anything explains why I can't decode it, that would be
great. All are attached to this email (hoping the ML will let it
through).<br>
cheers,<br>
Philippe<br>

["ssl-session.png" (image/png)]