List:       wireshark-users
Subject:    Re: [Wireshark-users] X-Forwarded
From:       Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss () ulticom ! com>
Date:       2006-10-25 6:43:40

Chris Miller wrote:
> I have been using ethereal/wireshark remotely via Xforwarded SSH
> session. Lately, ive noticed that the packets per second counter on the
> "capture interfaces" window seems to constantly increment. If i continue
> on with the capture and view live with auto-scroll, a seemingly static
> number of packets per second are actually being captured, taking away
> the fear that im watching a STP loop or something like it. This isnt a
> critical problem for me, but it is rather annoying as I like referring
> to that counter for certain things. Anyone else seen this / know what im
> doing wrong?

Hmmm, this sounds like a known problem, maybe one that was fixed
already.  Are you using the latest release (0.99.3 or one of the 0.99.4
pre-releases)?

I'd check the bug database (http://bugs.wireshark.com) but the hostname
isn't resolving for me at the moment (we'll see if this email makes it
or not)...