List:       wireshark-dev
Subject:    [Wireshark-dev] Two-level PDU reassembly
From:       Jérôme_Hamm <jerome.hamm () planete-sciences ! org>
Date:       2022-02-04 8:15:55

Hi,

I am working on ssh dissection. I am now trying to reassemble packets.
Actually there are two levels of fragmentation when you use sftp.
The first level are multiple tcp packets which contain data that must be
decrypted (when you have the right crypto byte count, for example
32kiB).
And then the decrypted data contains the sftp data (for example 32kiB
worth of read file, which do not fit in the previously mentioned 32kiB
because there are headers for sftp framing, leading to for example [not
the real value] 32778 bytes), which need to be reassembled separately
from the crypted data.

How can I achieve this?

If I am not mistaken, the packet_info structure is not recreated in my
subdissector, so when I change the pinfo->desegment_offset I am actually
overwriting the value I previously set for tcp reassembly, and all hell
breaks loose.

Cheers.