List:       wireshark-dev
Subject:    Re: [Wireshark-dev] Modifying custom giop dissector
From:       Guy Harris <guy () alum ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2013-11-28 22:02:06

On Nov 27, 2013, at 9:34 AM, mmann78@netscape.net wrote:

> I don't think a solution currently exists with the parser.
>
> I think you need to modify the omniorb parser (patches welcome!), either by adding \
> support for "additional" fields in the IDL or somehow providing a "custom" data \
> hook (as I don't think one is currently provided), perhaps in a file separate from \
> the IDL.

At least some other tools that take a protocol/interface description language and \
turn it into a dissector have separate "conformance" (.cnf) files to handle that; \
see, for example, asn2wrs and Samba's pidl.  That would be my inclination, as it \
means that you wouldn't have to hack the IDL files (and have to maintain modified IDL \