List:       wireshark-dev
Subject:    Re: [Wireshark-dev] libwireshark.lib is missing some
From:       Andreas <AndreasSander1 () gmx ! net>
Date:       2011-02-16 22:03:04

Am 16.02.2011 17:57, schrieb Stephen Fisher:
> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 07:57:09PM +0100, Andreas wrote:
>
>> This might be easy. If all .obj files that are linked in the directory
>> epan you can do
>>
>>     cd epan
>>     dumpbin /symbols *.obj | find /v "UNDEF" | find "External"
>
> sfisher@shadow:/usr/local/src/wireshark>cd epan
> sfisher@shadow:/usr/local/src/wireshark/epan>dumpbin /symbols *.obj |
> find /v "UNDEF" | find "External"
> dumpbin: No match.
> find: /v: No such file or directory
> find: UNDEF: No such file or directory
> find: External: No such file or directory
>
> Was that for use on a Linux system?  I run FreeBSD.  Wireshark is meant
> to compile on many types of Unix.
No. Wireshark is meant to compile on many type of operating systems. At
Unix-like system you won't find libwireshark.lib but libwireshark.a
and/or libwireshark.so

And let me quote Jay Turner's initially question:
     I added them to libwireshark.def and my code linked where it got
     LNK2019 errors before.
It's an error code of the Microsoft linker. This occurs only when
building the Microsoft Windows version of Wireshark.

--
Andy