List:       wireshark-dev
Subject:    Re: [Wireshark-dev] WdpPack version?
From:       "Gianluca Varenni" <gianluca.varenni () cacetech ! com>
Date:       2007-11-28 17:46:07

As a matter of fact, there's not much difference between the 3.1 devpack and
the 4.0.2 one (some typos here and there, fixes to the samples, but the
include and lib files have not been changed that much).

If you are planning to migrate to a new WinPcap devpack, I suggest you to
try the devpack for 4.1beta2. I've been working a lot in cleaning up the
devpack, removing files that shouldn't have been there (including licensing
issues). And I'd like to have feedback on that. I can tell you for sure that
the new devpack breaks the wireshark compilation (I've tried it myself a
month ago), mainly due to the definition of all the structures related to
802.11 that been redefined in the wireshark sources, but I don't know what
is the best way to fix those things.

Have a nice day
GV