List:       wireless-dc
Subject:    [wireless-dc] D-link
From:       John Holland <jholland () tomsw ! com>
Date:       2001-11-11 22:49:39

Well, I just took the plunge and got a D-Link 650 and WAP. I was rewarded
beyond any expectations I had when I plugged it into my Debian laptop,
plugged in the WAP to my hub and it JUST WORKED - right out of the box-
with Debian woody. I have Windows on this machine also but I haven't tried
it with that, maybe I'll #put that off for a while#...

I do find that my connection seems weak in some areas of my house and not in
others. Perhaps this is why so many people have discussed rewiring these
things to better antennae?

Anyway I'd be interested to hear what people are doing with wireless. I'm
very happy as I write this on the laptop.

John