List:       wireguard
Subject:    Re: Using Wireguard for Geo redundancy
From:       Dashamir Hoxha <dashohoxha () gmail ! com>
Date:       2020-11-04 16:53:25

On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 8:07 PM dxiri@xirihosting.com
<dxiri@xirihosting.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I am looking for information on how to leverage Wireguard in a geo-redundancy \
> scenario.
> We have a couple management boxes colocated next to each other that provide HA via \
> a VIP that "jumps" between each of those management boxes depending on \
> availability.

How is HA implemented in this case? If it is based on ARP, then I am
afraid that WireGuard cannot do the same thing.

> Now lets say we want to place management box on datacenter 1 (DC1) and management \
> box 2 on datacenter2 (DC2).
> Assuming the VIP cannot move between DCs, how could you leverage Wireguard to \
> provide the same level of redundancy but with geographically dispersed hosts?
> Any information on this topic or documentation that points me in the right \
> direction would be really appreciated!

Here are some of the cases where WG can be useful:
https://gitlab.com/docker-scripts/wireguard/-/blob/master/docs/wg-usecases.md

None of them solves your problem, but maybe this can help you to
understand better how WG works.