List:       winpt-dev
Subject:    Re: [WINPT DEVELOPERS] Support for directories
From:       Timo Schulz <timo () lcsweb ! net>
Date:       2002-12-20 20:00:22

On Fri Dec 20 2002; 12:42, Nelson Ingersoll wrote:

> available code from InfoZIP which can be used.  An added bonus is that the
> original PGP used InfoZIP to compress the data too.  I think Timo will have
> no problems with proprietary code vis-a-vis ZIP.

Currently no compression or decompression code is needed and I'm not sure
if we should add these parts to WinPT. It would increase the binary size
a lot and we would only use it when we decrypt a .zip file.

Later when WinPT will partly use OpenCDK we can handle compressed
files because then ZLIB is needed and with it we can uncompress
files which were compressed with gzip, pkzip or winzip.

        Timo