List:       winpt-dev
Subject:    Re: [WINPT DEVELOPERS] New user alert!  Problem signing messages with GPGOE
From:       "Bill Earl" <bearl () bestbill ! com>
Date:       2002-08-19 23:18:30

Problem solved!

It seemed to require a combination of your and Timo's suggestions.

My options file didn't include a "default-key" entry. I don't know why it
didn't, because I certainly had selected a default key. Whatever caused it
to NOT be there doesn't matter at this point; it wasn't there, so I added an
entry.

I had already selected the "Use default-key" item on the GPOE icon in the
system tray, but I went into the GPG Preferences under WinPT and added
"default-key" to the "Encrypt to this key" field.

Now everything works as expected.  Yay!  :-)

Thanks very much to both of you for all your help!

Bill