List:       winpt-dev
Subject:    [WINPT DEVELOPERS] LDAP keyserver support
From:       Timo Schulz <timo () lcsweb ! net>
Date:       2002-04-27 20:34:53

Hi!

Another point on my TODO list is to repair the LDAP keyserver
support in WinPT. Due to the fact that the interface is similar
in WinLDAP and OpenLDAP it was easy to modify the GPG code. But
now my problem is that it seems you need to "unlock" the LDAP
functions or to set a special option before you can connect to
a LDAP host.

I tried several code snippets but always with the same result, I
got a timeout and there was no traffic.

Now my question is if anybody here has used the Windows LDAP code
and maybe somebody can send me a code example or give me a hint
what to do to use the LDAP functions. Or the best solution if
somebody could revamp the code of the LDAP module ;-).

Thanks for any hints.

        Timo