List:       winpcap-users
Subject:    [Winpcap-users] How does wincap bypass OS and transport/application
From:       Bilal Shahid <bil.shah () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-07-08 14:06:08

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Documentation I have found so far mainly talks about how to implement the
api but does'nt say much how it bypasses OS and transport/application layer.
I read somewhere one of the wincap service runs in the kernel with Windows's
service responsible for TCP and works as a liason between the my user
application and NIC.

Please point me to a document that explains how it does it and what exactly
does it by pass.

Thank you.