List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: [gphoto-devel] Running Polaroid PhotoMax under wine
From:       Nathan Stenzel <nathanstenzel () motion ! net>
Date:       2001-02-19 22:17:26

It would be really nice if TWAIN and WINE would work together to support TWAIN \
compatable drivers under Linux. Surely this would be much easier than every piece of \
hardware having a Linux driver hacked for it. It would open up the hardware makers to \
a whole new operating system too. I would hope that all the TWAIN drivers would have \
a way to run on any OS. TWAIN is supposed to be a standard afterall and standards are \
supposed to make things easier. I decided this was an interesting idea so I am \
sending copies of this to various other newsgroups (some of which I am not subscribed \
to).