List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: Notes and Java test on 20010112.
From:       Ulrich Weigand <weigand () immd1 ! informatik ! uni-erlangen ! de>
Date:       2001-01-30 23:06:23

Gerard Patel wrote:
> At 12:43 AM 29/1/01 +0100, you wrote:
> <snip>
> >What do you think about the following solution?  It just checks
> >whenever any DLL is loaded or unloaded, whether the Callout
> >pointers need to be updated ...
>
> It works.
>
> If you solve the problem this way, I guess that it's impossible to add an entry point to the
> builtin USER (but I don't see why...)

I'm not quite sure what you think is impossible ;-)

I didn't want to *rely* on USER calling into KERNEL for
registering/unregistering Callout routines, because the
native USER doesn't do that.  So it wouldn't work with
native USER (which currently doesn't work anyway ...),
and even if you use builtin USER, this Wine-specific
dependency is somewhat ugly IMHO ...

Bye,
Ulrich

--