List:       wine-devel
Subject:    16bit OLE support
From:       Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk () prosalg ! no>
Date:       2001-01-28 3:41:59

Hi.

I've been toying around with getting IE 4.01 16bit to run in Wine, with
good help from Andreas Mohr. After he did some patching of the window
handling code, IE 4.01 installed nicely.

I did a simple implementation of the 16bit CoLoadLibrary, and now I can
watch the IE 4.01 splash screen for a few seconds before it shuts down
silently.

With yet a portion of good assistance from Andreas, I found out it was
now stumbling on a missing implementation of a 16bit
CoRegisterClassObject.

Faking it a CoRegisterClassObject16 by letting it be a wrapper around
the 32bit CoRegisterClassObject was not a good idea, and Andreas hinted
that maybe the list was a good place to take the rest of my gripe ;)

Could anybody give a few hints on how I should proceed in implementing the
16bit OLE stuff. Would I need to implement an IUnknown16 interface
separate from the 32bit IUnknown interface ?

If somebody else is already working on this, please press my 'stop'
button asap, so I can find something else to toy around with.

Regards,

Karl T