List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: documentation patch
From:       Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer () dbai ! tuwien ! ac ! at>
Date:       2001-01-25 0:52:23

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, John R. Sheets wrote:
> The attached patch fixes this problem, but I'm not sure about using
> the conditional in documentation/Makefile.in.  I'm pretty sure that's
> a GNU Make-specific feature (I could be wrong about that, tho).

Then, please don't use it. ;)

> Are the Wine makefiles already GNU-specific?

There are some problems them seem to make them GNU make-specific, but
I'd really consider this a bug, not a feature.

Coding for GNU make always is a bad idea, IMHO. POSIX make, yes, but
having to rely on specific, single implementation is always bad, from
an engineering point of view.

Gerald