List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: winebuild fixes for non-Intel archs
From:       Alexandre Julliard <julliard () winehq ! com>
Date:       2000-12-26 1:35:23

Ulrich Weigand <weigand@immd1.informatik.uni-erlangen.de> writes:

> - Constructor/destructor code used Intel assembly.
>   I've changed the code to use __attribute__((constructor))
>   when compiling with GNU C, which should be portable.

It's more portable but it's not correct: at least on i386,
constructors are called after the .init section functions. Since we
really need the spec file init to run before anything else, it has to
be in .init.  I don't know what sparc does but I suspect it's the same
thing.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard@winehq.com