List:       wine-devel
Subject:    RE: Added new flags to winebuild
From:       Patrik Stridvall <ps () leissner ! se>
Date:       2000-11-29 1:10:19

> > for the first case I need to do
> > 	s = "Hello world"
> > 	s2 = array('c', s)
> > 	Foo(s2, len(s2))
> > because the string object doesn't support read-write buffer
> > by _design_ to avoid copy strings across memory. All
> > indentical strings are only stored once.
>
> Since this is for testing etc, would it matter that much if
> you had to do
> this for every call? Performance of test tools isn't critical IHMO.

It is not so much that it is speed critical it that is is
a kludgy solution IMHO and beside the extra .spec file
information can be used for other things like for
write-only pointer avoid displaying the unitialized
variable during relay debugging.

> I'm also thinking that the overhead of manually changing all
> the spec files
> would be very high...

You can do it a function at a time so everthing needn't be done now.

If Alexandre accepts it (which doesn't seem to be the case though),
I plan only do add the argument flags on need basis.