List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: Fix for selected bitmap menu items
From:       Francois Gouget <fgouget () free ! fr>
Date:       2000-10-31 8:02:37

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:

> Okay, things are simpler than they look.
> Eyes are afraid - hands are doing (russian byword).
>
> I have wrote a very simple sample that demonstrates bitmaps
> in the menu (mono and 16 colors, you can add your own of course).

   You application is great. Now I see why you are adding the xor stuff.
My bitmaps being monochrome I did not quite understand. That's also why
I wondered how things would work with color bitmaps.

   Actually I modified your application so that the menu bar now also
has one monochrome bitmap and one color bitmap. I tested them on Win95
and Win98. And I plan to see how things look in NT4, Win 2000 and Win Me
tomorrow evening. Given the differences between just 95 and 98 I'm quite
curious to see the results.

> Selected color bitmaps are inverted in both win95 and win98,
> but monochrome look very different. Do we need *exact* emulation here?

   Maybe there is some operation that could explain both. For monochrome
bitmaps I would see something like an xor followed by a not operation
(R2_NOTXORPEN is what this evokes to me). But then I don't know anything
to these operations so I'm most likely wrong.

--
Francois Gouget         fgouget@free.fr        http://fgouget.free.fr/
In theory, theory and practice are the same, but in practice they're different.

["menutest.tar.gz" (APPLICATION/octet-stream)]