List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: LDFLAGS and -rpath
From:       Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer () dbai ! tuwien ! ac ! at>
Date:       2000-09-29 6:23:35

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Marcus Meissner wrote:
> Also Debian has as a rule (and probably LSB will suggest it),
> that one package MUST NOT touch files belonging to another package.
> (That is a distribution update nightmare.)
> (It is mostly thought for inetd.conf, modules.conf and that, but I think
>  ld.so.conf belongs there too.)

For FreeBSD, the current Wine port there -- which is essentially the
regular Wine distribution plus some specific fixes in case the
distribution is broken plus some minor changes (printer device name)
plus some installation stuff -- we do invoke ldconfig after installation.

> It might not be portable to other platforms. But Solaris at least has
> -R, dunno about *BSD and UnixWare.

  taygeta[51]:~% uname -sr
  FreeBSD 4.1-RELEASE
  taygeta[52]:~% ld -v
  GNU ld version 2.10.0 (with BFD 2.10.0)

and we have the following in the port Makefile

  CONFIGURE_ENV= LIBS=-Wl,-rpath,${PREFIX}/lib/wine

so it guys everything should work fine. In fact, we already do what is
currently discussed here. ;-)

Gerald