List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: Re: bug with Microsoft Excel Viewer 97
From:       gerard patel <g.patel () wanadoo ! fr>
Date:       2000-09-28 18:46:31

At 12:51 AM 9/29/00 +1000, you wrote:

>Hello Gerard,
>
>hwndPrevActive seems to be the splash screen, and it's trying to
>switch to the open button of an openfile dialog.

I have seen something very similar in other apps. It was
a Z-order problem :-((((

>i guess the problem could be one of the following:
>* windows ignores refusal to deactivate if the window has some
>property (eg. always on top)
>* windows always activates some kind of dialog boxes
>* the MsoSplash window is unhappy with something else in wine.

I have posted a patch on wine-devel for Z-order handling - I hesitate
to even post it to wine-patches because I am out of my depth with
X-programming and I am really so overwhelmed now in my 'real' work
that I would  have huge problems to support it if it had problems with
apps I don't have.

Maybe you can try it (unless the problem can also appear in
desktop mode - my patch only address managed mode)?
I posted it  9/17/2000, re:TOPMOST window support, you can retrieve
it from www.integrita.com I think, else I can send it by private e-mail)

Gerard