List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: Don't remove #include <sys/types.h>
From:       Andreas Mohr <a.mohr () mailto ! de>
Date:       2000-08-29 20:50:18

On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 06:32:38PM +0200, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> I'm sending this to the list to avoid similiar breakage in the future.
> (Andreas, I don't mean to bash you, this is really just intended as a
> warning for others.)
>
> Please be *very* careful when removing #include <sys/types.h>! On non-
> Linux systems this is usually needed in the presence of many system
> headers.
>
> In particular, the following patch broke FreeBSD 4.1:
>
>   revision 1.74
>   date: 2000/08/26 20:31:49;
>   Andreas Mohr <a.mohr@mailto.de>
>   - made the MIDI sequencer error message much better for confused users
>     to be found on #WineHQ
>   - use strerror instead of errno at important places
>   - got rid of HAVE_STRERROR macro
>   - removed some #include:s (hopefully I didn't break anything)
>
> Fixed by the patch below.

Ouch.

I kind of knew that that might happen :-\

Sorry.

The lession we (and especially me) should have learned from that:
Do that stuff on wine-devel first and request huge OS testing.
And if we do that, then we might want to clean up a huge number of
files at a time in order to avoid too many testing events.

Too late (this time) :-(

Andreas Mohr