List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: Stupid Questions
From:       lawson_whitney () juno ! com
Date:       2000-08-28 0:41:12

NO.  Absolutely not.  I don't have any fat partitions.  I had been
unable to get winedbg to launch, and in desperation (If I start an app
with winedbg, it tries to debug ld.so) I copied the winedbg binary to
the directory that is mapped to c:\windows in ~/.winerc (it is on an
ext2 partition), changed a copy of winedefault.reg (~/mine.dreg) to
point the AEDebug to c:\windows\winedbg, ran regapi setValue -- -force,
and blow me down flat if next time wine crashed the debugger didn't come
up.  It couldn't make its own xterm, so it grabbed the only one there
was and commenced to load symbols.  Goody.  I'd rather run it from a
console, but I can work with this.

On a related note, has anybody fixed a case where  fixup_rva_ptrs tries
to fixup pointers that are already fixed, and can point me to or mail me
the patch?  I have subscribed again to wine-patches, but I may fall off
at any time.  (Wine-20000821 is what I'm working with.  I have to revert
to 20000801 to run mail.)

On Sat, 26 Aug 2000, George Boutwell wrote:

>   Does WINE have to be in a directory on a FAT
> partion?
>
>  Everytime I ran something that caused the Wine to
> kick off the Wine Debugger, it would 'die' with an
> error message saying it wasn't on a FAT drive or
> something like that.
>
> Thanks
>
> George

Lawson

This message is brought to you by Wine-20000801, with the unwitting
cooperation of Juno 1.49.
---cut here