List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: CreateCompatibleDC(0)
From:       lawson_whitney () juno ! com
Date:       2000-08-26 22:11:06

On Sat, 26 Aug 2000, gerard patel wrote:

> I sent the following patch last week to wine-patch and it was committed
> 2 days ago or so. Btw, only horribly flawed programs have a problem
here
> ;-)

Oh Ho!  I was seeing traces where the same call with the same
parameters succeeded before.  That would make sense if the app can
delete the PseudoBitmap.  The hardest part of Wine seems to be
catering for the stupid things windows programs do.

> AFAIK, no..
> In your case that may be normal since winedbg is not 16 bits
compatible.
> I don't use the debugger seriously for anything else than providing
> a back trace, though.
>
> Gerard

I am not sure what it is.  pedump won't touch it (well, it is  an NE
format,... and wcb chokes on a 1.8 meg NE.  A 32 bit wannabe, maybe.

I expect that patch will do the trick.  Works on the test system.  I
see Wine-20000821 has fixed a little window recursion problem too.  :-)

Thanks!

Lawson

Installation is performed in the reverse order of removal.
                    - British Leyland shop manual