List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: DInput relative fixes
From:       Lionel Ulmer <lionel.ulmer () free ! fr>
Date:       2000-08-26 9:59:03

> Folding the low-level DirectInput functionality into the drivers (probably
> along the lines of the DirectInput DDK), like I did with DirectSound (if
> we ignore the bad job I did with Half-Life compatibility), make a lot of
> sense (although I originally thought the joystick driver would benefit the
> most from it)... is the reason you're not interested lack of time?

Well, mostly lack of time and also from the lack of knowledge of the
DDK (to not reinvent again a Wine speficic layer without consulting
first what MS did :-) ).

I may try to look into it once I finish the XVideo stuff (I wanted
anyway to add DGA mouse support now that it is fixed in X 4.01).

--
	       Lionel Ulmer   -   lionel.ulmer@free.fr
    My Advogato Wine diary : http://www.advogato.org/person/bbrox/