List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Exception handler w/ EBP==0
From:       David Hagood <wowbagger () sktc ! net>
Date:       2000-07-31 2:47:17

I'm trying to get Delorme's AAA MapNGo V4.0 running under Wine, with a
fair degree of sucess, but one thing keeps me from being able to use the
program.

The program is a trip planning package, wherein you enter your desired
stops, and it computes the route (US highways, state roads, etc.) to
take. It also has a database of hotels, attractions, etc. that can be
searched. Quite a nice program, and I wish Delorme (www.delorme.com)
would port it natively to Linux.

However, under Wine, once the route has been computed, it is displayed
as a list of text items (roads to take) and a map
(2000_07_30_214120.png). You are supposed to be able to double-click on
a road, and the map will zoom in on that segment of the trip.
Unfortunately, what does happen is a unhandled exception 0xc0000005
within the application. When I try to debug it, I'm inside an exception
handler in the application, with EBP == 0, thus preventing me from doing
a back trace to try to get an idea of what went wrong.

So, I'm looking for tips. Any good ideas? I'm more of an embedded
programmer than a Windows programmer, but I have *shudder* done some NT
device drivers.

This is with a fresh copy of CVS circa this morning, on RH6.2, XFree
4.01 (from the dri.sourceforge.net CVS), and sawfish, on a Celeron 350.
The machine has a Win95 install on it that Wine is pointing to.

Any other info I can give, just ask. Any good tips on tracing through
the morass that is a Windows app, I'll take.
["2000_07_30_214120_shot.png" (image/png)]