List:       wine-devel
Subject:    builtin control, no windows
From:       lawson_whitney () juno ! com
Date:       2000-06-30 12:38:55

Good day!

I am trying to use the wine builtin control panel with an essentilly
no-windows system.  So far, I have worked out I need rundll32.exe and
the native shell/shell32.  No worry, if I can make it work, I will work
on builtins, but now I get the dread message box:

trace:text:X11DRV_ExtTextOut hdc=0fd8 df=0002 0,0 L"This file does not
have a program associated"..., 44  flags=0 lpDx=(nil)
trace:text:X11DRV_ExtTextOut hdc=0fd8 df=0002 0,14 L"with it for
performing this action. Create an", 45  flags=0 lpDx=(nil)
trace:text:X11DRV_ExtTextOut hdc=0fd8 df=0002 0,28 L"association in My
Computer by clicking View"..., 43  flags=0 lpDx=(nil)
trace:text:X11DRV_ExtTextOut hdc=0fd8 df=0002 0,42 L"and then clicking
Options."..., 26  flags=0 lpDx=(nil)

cut to be readible, that is,

This file does not have a program associated
with it for performing this action. Create an
association in My Computer by clicking View
and then clicking Options.

Can anybody tell me how I can tell what file it is referring to, or how
to do what it demands (or trick it into thinking I have) with a
no-windows system?  The only file it seems interested it is
<windows>/(None).  I don't know what to put in it, so it is empty.

For that matter, what action does it think I have asked it to perform?

Regards,

Lawson

---cut here