List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: Not enough space in heap
From:       gerard patel <g.patel () wanadoo ! fr>
Date:       2000-06-27 11:51:30

At 09:13 AM 6/26/00 -0300, you wrote:
<snip>
>I since enabled --debug and --trace in the wine library and found the follow
>output to be the source of the exception.
<snip>
>warn:heap:HEAP_FindFreeBlock Not enough space in heap 65430000 for 00025804
>bytes
>trace:heap:HeapAlloc (65430000,08000008,00025804): returning NULL

Unless I'm sadly mistaken, this is a private Wine allocation - on the system
heap. I can't see what call can do that since the system heap is supposed to
allocate only system structures, none of them being more than 100K like
the problematic error line, and I am sure too lazy to browse the code for you :-)

Maybe using also a +relay trace could lead to more information on the
offending call.
Also, try +seh : sometimes an exception (caused by some bugs) can be caught
silently by the code and cause  a leak.
IIRC there was a thread  a few days (weeks ?) ago on wine-devel about
leaks and there was a few links on the ways to hunt a leakage.I think
I even posted (on 06/01/00) a trivial but nonetheless horrible patch to
track memory allocations;it was for local allocs so it will do you no good
s it is, but maybe you could fix it for your use..

On a general note, did you consider in your project that a windows driver could
be not adapted to a server product ? If the software pops a messagebox when
something bad occurs, it's normal on a workstation, it's annoying on a dedicated
server. Also to consider : performance issues, as workstation software is not likely
to be very optimized. And maybe legal issues, too.

HTH
Gerard