List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Direct device access
From:       "Simon Harrison" <smh () sophos ! com>
Date:       2000-06-26 15:36:22

Using CreateFile() to open a raw floppy device NT-style doesn't seem to work
with wine (-winver nt40),
the error is fixme:win32:DEVICE_Open:Unknown VxD A:

Maybe DEVICE_Open() should check for semicolon at the end of the string and
switch to NT
style device open (allow the file opening), or change behaviour based on the
--winver switch.

Will this fix my rawrite program or am I missing something?  Sounds too easy...

Also, modeless property page (wizard) dialogs seem to end up with displaced
text... is this something anyone's working on fixing at
the moment?

thanks in advance,

-Simon.