List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: Codepages and locales
From:       Bertho Stultiens <bertho () panter ! soci ! aau ! dk>
Date:       2000-05-30 14:08:08

Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> > Linking with libwine.so only makes sense if it does not require all of
> > wine to start. That would be a terrible waste of time (wrc compile time
> > would skyrocket with a factor of 10 on most files).
>
> True; though this will also have to be fixed at some point. Not
> improving this.

Agreed, but wrc is not a wine/winelib application and I do not want it
to become one. It has been written to be native *nix and "contamination"
with windows should be avoided. It only uses headers for convenience (I
still have a subtree that avoids all wine-headers and compiles
completely outside wine).

The penalty for using wine is not only user/gdi, but also registry
then I suggest to use the native windows applications (rc.exe and
mc.exe), but the point was to be free of them.

[snip]

> I'll work on committing it as soon as the address space separation
> stuff has settled down a bit. Feel free to submit what you have and
> I'll try to merge it with my stuff.

Ok.

Greetings Bertho