List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: GDI heap
From:       Douglas Ridgway <ridgway () winehq ! com>
Date:       2000-05-29 21:59:14

M.W.,

1. You need to be subscribed in order to post. It helps keep the spam
down. This means that your message did not go out to the list.

2. Although the Wine GDI heap is only 64K, it's not as bad as it looks.
The Wine GDI heap, unlike Win16, does not store large objects (fonts,
palettes, etc.) but only structures which hold flat pointers to the
objects themselves. So, although the heap is of a limited size, the number
of objects which can realistically be stored is large and not much
different from Microsoft implementations. If you're running out of space
on the GDI heap, then Wine is probably leaking GDI objects.

doug.
ridgway@winehq.com