List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: file open dlg (wasRe: Loader patch )
From:       gerard patel <g.patel () wanadoo ! fr>
Date:       2000-04-30 1:30:53

At 02:47 AM 4/30/00 +0200, you wrote:

>Possibly by changes in the shell32 part. Handling of some flags (ShellFolder) and some
>path routienes in shlwapi changed.
>I did not jet commit some work in the comdlg32 sind I'm slightly behind the level
>of the current implementation. The reason I started to redo the dialog are:
>
>- since its a shell namespace browser no direct access to file functions is allowed in the
>open dialog. It has to use the IShellFolder api. The last patches in the corel tree are going
>more and more in the wrong direction.

I was  just making a little joke  (it's not often one program is broken in two different
ways in a single commit session).
Probably Corel is missing a more complete shell implementation, and they need
to get results now. There is often a temporary but durable contrast between
a working program that is ugly and a cleanly written program that is not working :-)

>Flags are handled in a very poor way
>(mainly PathMustExist & FileMustExist).
>
>- much of the functionality of shlwapi-path functions is needed in the OnOpen function
>and is currently reimplemented there is a very unreadable/unmaintainable way.
>As example: the whole browsing to path fragments entered in the filename box can
>easily be handled by PathCannonicalize where currently is done by a bunch of str*
>functions.
>
>PS: my implementation is currently missing the handling of default extensions. Think
>its not the most importend thing so I think I should send my not jet complete patch in.

Thanks for enlightening me on the state of your activity anyway
I guess it's the reason for the problem; I get

fixme:shell:ISF_MyComputer_fnCreateViewObject IDropTarget not implemented

each time I try to open a file, WW displays a message box saying it can't open the
file, and the window returns to the workstation view immediately after (that is,
the one with all the drives; that's one I get when I start btw, before your patch
it was the current directory; maybe I am missing some key in the registry
pointing at the 'my files' directory or something like that)
Also, it's still possible to open a file if it's in the list of recent files; but before your
patch it was appearing in the menu in lower case, now it's in upper case.

Gerard