List:       wine-devel
Subject:    Re: Loader patch
From:       Lionel Ulmer <lionel.ulmer () free ! fr>
Date:       2000-04-29 20:12:15

> Do not blame Gav, this is my fault... I changed his patch to be more
> aggressive in using mmap, unfortunately it seems that while Linux
> sometimes accepts non page-aligned offsets (which is good), it always
> rounds the size of the mapping up to a page boundary (which is bad for
> uninitialized data).
>
> Does this fix it?

Apparently not... With the attached patch, I get :

nexus6:/dos2/Games/Fallout$ wine -desktop 640x480 falloutw.exe
FIXME:pthread_atfork
FIXME:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
Could not stat /mnt/fd0, ignoring drive A:
The instruction at 0045b7eb referenced memory at f289c35e
The memory could not be written
FIXME:pthread_kill_other_threads_np

With Gerard's first patch (i.e. with the one disabling the
optimization), it worked fine.

With Gerard's second, it worked fine too.

--
	       Lionel Ulmer   -   lionel.ulmer@free.fr